June 3, 2008

Hey mom,I am loving chacabuco. The branch had 28 people in it last sunday. We have a normal chapel and its nice. I sat up on the stand and the President asked me to introduce myself and share my testimony. There are a lot of good people in the branch. We sing without the piano and I knew I should have practiced the hymns at home...just like you said. Well the last song we sang was ¨Oh creations of our God and King,¨ unfortunately the director didnt recognize the song and asked if I could direct the music, since I put the song on the list. Well I got up there and started signing my name in cursive in the air to direct the music. I didnt realize that no one else knew the song either and I was in front of them singing a solo. As you know I sing like crap. I was sweating so bad and started to laugh half way through the song. After it was over I was drenched in sweat and it was about 50 degrees in the chapel. It was so weak. Well everyone said something about it after the meeting and that it was a hard song. Our President is President Falcon. He is about 5'4, same as dad, and has a strong testimony. He actually visits the members and finds people for us to teach. In my last area one of my friends in the mission told me how many times it says in the scriptures ¨ask and ye shall receive.¨ Well I said that I wanted to baptize in this area and this week we found a man named Vicente. He accepted our message and invitation to be baptized the 21st of this month along with another Grandpa of a member. It worked. Well Im having a good time here. My companion and I get along perfectly and Im gratefull that I was called here. Elder Woody has been out for about 21 months and is well experianced. Cant believe about what those little boys learned about mowing lawns but I hope they actually learned it. Im glad to hear that ben graduated, wow.Love you mom