June 19, 2008

Hey mom,Well I didnt bring my camera because I dont have it anymore. Little Crackers!!! Well monday evening we came back to the apartment at about 9pm. We unlocked the front door and walked in and everything looked normal. Then we walked into our room and everything was thrown everywhere. Someone had broken in and gone through everything. My clothes, books, shoe polish, everything was thrown around. Then we started to look for what was missing. My nice digital camera, $30 that was mine, my alarm clock, our cell phone, my companions nice digital camera, and $250 that was his. The person had jumped our front fence and opened one of our little kitchen windows that is about 2ft tall and 5ft long. He had knocked everything off the counter climbing in and then gone straight to the room. Its to bad that our window was broken and couldnt even lock. That night we pulled screws out of the cabinets and just locked the window shut. We slept with big kitchen knives that night. Well the next day we took the bus with the little money we had 3 1/2 hours to the city. We didnt have any more money to go to the temple and the hotel that we were supposed to go to at 5pm...so we showed up and the mission office and said that we got robbed and couldnt go to the hotel. They were surprised to see us and gave us money, lunch, and a ride to the hotel next to the temple. Well the temple session was great, we had interviews for the last time with President Ramos, and then guess who I saw!!! Elder Michael McNeil!!! All the missionaries said that an Elder had been looking for me and was from the South mission. I started to ask around all the missionaries in the temple and then started to change in the changing room to start our session. Then an Elder walked up read my name tag and said do you know Elder McNeil...of course I do. Then I followed him into the changing room bathroom and there was Mikey McNeil fixing his hair. We looked at each other and just gave eachother huge hugs and were just awwed to see each other. We took a picture outside of the temple in front of the fountain...not with my camera by the way. It was so cool. He told me that he was flying out that night to go back home at 9pm. And it just happend that we were both in the temple that day. So crazy. I was so happy to see him because we had been writing each other and I wasnt sure if he had gotten my letter. You should call them, if they havent already called you, and get him to email you the picture. Well we are back in Chacabuco and didnt have time to email till today. Vicente and Dionisio are progressing well and will be baptized this Saturday. I loved to read about Bens story. That is so funny. And then I cant believe that he broke his car. I wrote him and email but am not sure if he got it. I got a pic from Bro. Kaaihue of Dad at Philmont with his short hair and pack on...what a stud dad is. I hope the lawn boys have not broken anything these last few days and that Mrs. Old hag, Hilsabeck, and cracker little white boy who wouldnt pay me that lives down the street are all doing well. Tell Adrian to write me too. I love you mom and hope that you and sammy are eating all the RR dougnuts and flamming hott cheetoes you can manage. I know that Jesus is the Christ and this is the best place I could possibly be right now. Love you mom.