June 24, 2008

Hey mom,The last couple days where really good. We had our baptism on Saturday and I got to baptized Vicente. All was well and I held him under just a little longer to make sure he was physically clean as well as spiritually. I had to help Dionisio the 81 year old get in and out of the font and he slipped going in and I almost got to be baptized again. Luckily we caught him and all was well. Both were confirmed Sunday at the meeting that I was conducting...hahah yea its true. We are helping this 11 year old Lucas a couple times a week with his English and his mom is a less active member, Im hoping that the rest of the family will get baptized because we teach church lessons along with english lessons. We also found a new lady named Pilar that really loves our message. She asked us why all NorthAmerican men are good looking and I said ¨I dont know why Im so beautiful.¨ Then she asked me if all women from Portugal where pretty. I said I dont know but im sure that some are pretty and some are not...then she said because Im from Portugal. Oh crap yea they are all pretty...hahahaha. Then we were walking in the street around town central and we heard some girls calling at us...like always, so we ignored them. Then one of them ran up to me and got me to stop. She said that one of her friends speaks english and wanted to talk to us so we stopped. Then this girl came up and started speaking english to us. She was a foreign exchange student from Canada. She asked us if we were going to the club that night. I said we dont dance and she said oh we can teach you. Oh great I thought just great, then I had to explain that we as missionaries have rules and cant dance and then she said well you can just come and dance and dont have to drink...apartently she knew the Mormons. Well we told her no and both walked away just saying dang it. Well Im doing good and so is my companion. Hahah we are staying away from the girls here.