September 7, 2009


Hey Dad,
> The first week here was great. We taught a ton of lessons and some with member too. We were able to have 8 investigators in church sunday. The members here are great with investigators. Our bishop is a good man, and the stake president lives in our area. We are going to visit a family with him this week. The zone here is sweet. Most of the Elders are working really hard. We have an ex zone leader that is just working his area over. Of course there are a couple areas that are a little lazy. We had a meeting with president and the leaders last week. We ate bbq and got to play basketball at the end of the meeting. This guy gave a presentation on safety during the meeting. He is in charge of all the safety here in south america. He protects the general authorities when they come too. He was in the Marines, for 4 years here in argentina and then went on a mission. Well he did a couple practices of what we should do when we are robbed. He selected me to come up and get robbed. Well when I stood up all the missionaires said, uuuuhhhhh. The guy put a fake gun in my stomach and said give me everything. I looked at all the Elderes with a mad face, and then gave him all I had. Just have too as a missionary. He said that is the best thing to do always, and that when he was a missionary he hit a man that was hitting his comp...and they had to close the area. That would be by far the worst thing that could ever happen. The kids in the neighborhood here are pretty familiar with the missionaries and its all good. Well tomorrow we have a zone conference. My comp and I have to give a workshop on adapting the teaching to the needs of the investigator. Its going to go well. TELL SAMMY THAT I SAID HI. The roof looked like a mess with all the workers there. Well eat an eclair for me. So we are doing great and made some bisquick panckakes this morning. Almost as good as yours and moms. Well Dad I know that Im doing the Lords work. Love you Dad.