September 1, 2009



Hi Mom,Im doing great and am in the best place in the mission. Gonzales Catan. This zone is called the heart of the mission. It is all dirt and mud streets, villas, very dangerous, no sister missionaries, and tons of baptisms. This is why its called the heart of the mission. Im so happy and excited to be here. Its a privledge to be here. My companion is a capo (stud) named Elder Zollinger, from North Dakota. He has a transfer less than me. We are so excited to be together here in Catan. We are going to baptize a lot of people and are ready to do work. The zone looks great and we are really stacked to have a good transfer. I do miss my last area, but am so excited about this new area. I said my goodbyes to the people I really liked, and some I didnt...no jk. We had a couple good meals before leaving too. We didnt have any baptisms last saturday but the week before they were great. The people are happy and are going to stay active in the church. Some people do get attatched to the missionaries though. Many have told me that they stopped going once the Elder left. The family sounds like they are doing really good. Im so proud of you and your new calling. What a challenge! The RS Presidnets here are such great women and I know that you will be a great RS President. Here in spanish the word for relief society is really close to the word, society of wispers. I like to say it wrong in front of the RS President to see her reaction. You should ask Bro and Sis Riquelme what Im talking about. My I love you and I know that this is the true church. I have no doubts. Somtimes I have questions but I always find the answer. I used to be scared to question and looks for answers, but that is the only way to make your testimony sure. Love you Mom.