October 19, 2009

Yesterday was mothers day here in Argentina. One member said that we should call home anyways. It would have been nice but no. So your big BDAY is coming up. I hope that you dont feel any older, but hahahah. 50! Well we have had a pretty crazy week here. Some Elders got robbed in our zone and are living with us. Dad has the full story. And we had a pretty funny meeting with President Benton and some american tourists. I also wrote that in Dads email. So you can read that together because its pretty funny. My companion and I are doing great. We are going to have a baptism this saturday too. Its a 13 year old girl hows name is Gladis. Her grandparents are members. We want to baptize her mom too, but she doesnt want to stop smoking. Oh brother. I saw a picture of Alex just booking it during his cross country race. What a stud. Im proud of him and cant wait to see him in the army with me...hahaha. But seriously. If he comes up to Utah with me he will definately join. I hope that Ben is doing well too. Adrian told me that she got a cool job in Austin training triathletes or somthing like that. And sammy and her cool picture of her as a nurse. She could fix all of my injuries. We are teaching some great people and helping them get ready for baptism. I just love the mission and love to feel the spirit. Yesterday in sacrament meeting I was feeling a little down/worried about the investigators. Since it was mothers day, we had some difficulties getting people to church. We went to look for about 8 and two came. Well I was sitting there in sacrament just thinking about that and the spirit wispered comfort to me that all would be well. Those are the little things that make me know there is a God who loves and cares about his children. This morning too during personal study I realized how much I treasure the scriptures and how much I have grown in the mission in scriptural knowledge. The other day these Jehovas Witnesses contacted us and I just accepted their pamphlet and told them thankyou. Well many times during the conversation I thought of the many scriptures I could have showed them and proved with their own bible that their church is false...but I knew that it wouldnt help, that contention is of the devil, and that real conversion is spiritual. So Mom I hope that your having a good week and get to talk to some of your real good friends on the phone or somthing. I know that Heidi, Sis McNeil, Sis Waites, and Sis Heywood are just some of them. Mom I love you and I know that this church is true.