November 18, 2008



Well Im still not sure yet where Villa Madero is. It is about 20 min. from the Buenos Aires Temple. This is a great area. It is by no means a nice area, but it has a lot of potencial for missionary work. We have already found 17 new investigators for the first week. The ward is great and we had about 50 members and 1 investigator. She is going to be baptized the 29th! We took her (Fabiana) to the house of a member yesterday to teach her. It was really good. Members here give references too, its sweet. When I say villa I mean a no mans land. It is a place that people have taken over and built a maze of crappy houses and said it was theres. Just imagine having 10 acres, bricks, cement, and tin, and giving it all to the teachers quorum and saying, make a big fort. Thats what a villa is. Dangerous because you can get lost so easily and its dark and there are tiny pathways. No problems during the day though. The people are use to the missionaries. My first week with Elder Waites was great. We have a ton in common. Both a little bit country. He played football in High School and was the star quarterback. He likes to tell me about it too...! Hhahaha. There is a big mix of apartment towers, villa, dirt roads, and nice roads with nice houses. There is a huge mix here. Lots of movement in comparison to Chacabuco. Elder Zivic spoke both English and Spanish. He was so cool. Well tell Sammy that I said hahaha to her. Hopefully she gets a kick out of it. Did anyone go fishing at Tejas? Well Dad it is already summer here. Its been pretty hot. Luckily now I have tons of leftover money because the members feed us a ton. So now I dont have to wash my clothes by hand. We just drop them off at the washing place. Im eating a ton now and working out a lot like always so Im hoping to put on a little bit. Picture on the way. I burned a shirt for my 1 year birthday. Tradicion in the mission.