January 13, 2008


We just started to leave the apartment saturday...and yes it was for the baptism of this family of gold. The Clemente Family. The parents and the 8 year old girl all were baptized and it was by far the highlight of my mission so far. It was so great to see people that were truely converted to the gospel get baptized. They were so happy too. We decided to be a little selfish this time and I baptized the Mom, my companion the Dad, and our district leader the daughter. Dads name Jose Luis Clemente, Mom Veronica Clemente, Daughter Natali Clemente. Their 6 year old boy really wanted to be baptized too, but just a couple more years. There little baby looked like it did too, even though its only 2 months old. The ward leaders were there to support and that was really great. The women really took Veronica under their wings. Well Dad guess how many pounds I lost with this bad sickness... 12LBS! It was bad and I look like a little cracker right now. Im all better now though so nobody needs to call President, plus he already knows. Im sure that you will be able to see in the baptism picture how much weight I lost. My companions say that I am now...AUSTIN...not HATCH. That would mean weak now. Im so mad about loosing the weight but the members said they are going to fatten me up again and Im going to be working out harder in the morning to get some of the muscle back. I ended up going to the hospital and had an infection in my stomach for eating somthing bad, or drinking bad water. Well I was dry heaving for like 2 days straight and didnt have any desire to eat anything for a couple days. Im now eating and my comp is now with what I had...great. We did have some new investigators in the church on sunday! Even though we are not able to go out much, we are using the time that we are out wisely.