February 3, 2008

Yesterday was the transfer meeting and I got a new companion and was made district leader, pretty cool. My new companion is named Elder Vilka and is from Argentina. I will be excited to work with him and to speak spanish a lot more. He will be my first latin companion as you know. There are 3 companionships in my district. I think ill call it district HATCH. Hhahaha. The investigators are doing good and we have been teaching the people who came to church. We are going with the relief society president tonigh on splits to teach one of the ladies and her daughters, pretty cool. My companion Elder Waites was sad to leave his first area and it was hard for him saying bye to all the good people here. He left this morning at like 8am. Sounds like you are all doing good at home. Thats good to hear that Ben got that job and that Alex is enjoying cross country. So all the food from the BBQ came from the Clemente family. It must have cost a lot too because it was a lot. We ate until we couldnt though and there was still a lot left. Before they had the frig, they would just buy stuff from the local shop cold and use it then. Here they buy stuff daily that they are going to eat instead of weekly like we do. The weight is coming back. When I study here I always read for the first 30min, just straight reading, then I study stuff like Preach My Gospel. Well Dad Im excited to start this next transfer and to bring some people into the church. We´ve been recieving tons of blessing here and will continue too. Im excited for my district too.