September 30, 2008

Well guess what, Im still here in Chacabuco and my companion and I are really excited for this transfer. We recieved a few councils from the President on how to help our area. We put them to use yesterday, and found 9 new investigators in 1 day! It was so sweet and we are both really excited. Lots of miracles were seen. We recieved a reference from the missionaries in a different city. The reference lived so far out, about a 45 min. walk, but we went anyways. After finally finding the house we rang the door bell and this lady came out. She said that she was the sister of the reference and that her sister was sick in bed. We said we would come back in the week when she was feeling better and she said that she would tell her sister that we came by. Well as we were walking away from the house we started to turn the street corner and heard ¨wait.¨ It was the lady waiving to us and we came back. She said that her sister was getting out of bed and wanted to tack to us. We went back and taught a great lesson with both of the sisters. They both want to come to general conference this week. Its in another city but they have a car, so we are really excited. Then this other guy stopped us in the street and said that he had listened to the missionaries a long time ago and reads the Book of Mormon every day. Then he told us that he wanted an american flag. It was kinda wierd, but I told him I actually have one in the apartment. Well we went to his house last night with the flag. His whole family wants to get baptized and all know that the church is true. He asked me how much I wanted for the flag and I said that I wanted an asado...barbecue. So we are going to have a bbq friday night with his family. Pretty good trade! Well we are excited once again and know that the Lord is blessing us a ton. I hope that Ben is doing a lot better. I guess we just have to see the Law part of it all. The baptismal interview went great. It was a girl that is 15 and her sister that is 10. They were both a little nervous and excited. I started it sort of fun with them to let them feel comfortable with me. They got baptized sat. night I heard. The pinewood derby sounds sweet. Im sure that someone will do something retarded buy cool. I wish the we would have done that. Well have a good week. Love you.