September 16th, 2008

Well this was a very crazy week. On Thursday we had a Family home evening set up with this missionaries family, and with his nonmember girlfriend. He recently left from here to go serve in Bolivia...so she obviously has interest in the church. Well in route to the family home evening, my companion and I were walking on one of the main streets in Chacabuco. While we were walking, I saw a man (about 30yr, 6´2, 200) arguing with his girlfriend while they were riding their bikes. I told my companion to "watch this" and right then the man through a bag of food he was carrying right at his girlfriend. We crossed the street quickly to get a better look of what was going to happen. While we were crossing the street the man jumped off his bike and pushed his girlfriend off her bike. Then he started to punch her in the face and she fell to the street. (Thats when my tie came off) I threw my books and tie down in the street and ran at the man. He was still hitting his girlfriend when I got to him and then we started going at it. I hit him a few times and he hit me a few times, but luckily none of his connected. I gave him a low leg kick after that and then tried to pull his girlfriend away from him. She wouldnt let me and kept trying to argue with him. Well he came back at me and we went at it again. Then he backed off and cussed at me and then spit at me. (The whole time I had a huge smile on my face) and I think he realized that he wasnt doing anything to me. So he took off on his bike and we had someone give us their cell phone so we could call the police. I tried to comfort the women a little bit and she told me thank you. I walked back over to my books and tie, which my companion was guarding the whole time because someone was trying to take them. I put my tie back on casually and we walked off. There were like 50 people watching and no one jumped in to do anything. Well we walked off to our appointment and the police stopped us in the street. They wrote down my name and saw that I was from the United States. They told me thankyou and said that I did the right thing. IT WAS BY FAR THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPEND!!! HAHAHA. I never thought that I would have the "priviledge" of doing that in the mission. Well after that the family home evening went really well. Dana the girlfriend of the missionary wants to get baptized, so hopefully the offices wont transfer me out for what happend. I called the offices that night and they said I did the right thing, but to try and not get into things like that, for the image. Well a few people stopped us last week in the street and asked if it was us who protected that lady. We said yes and they said, wow what a boxer you are. Hhahaha. Then one lady told me that I almost killed the guy. " Casi lo mataste" What a week. Then in Church we didnt have 1 of our investigators there. We were so disappointed and were wondering why no one had come. Then we found out why. At the end of sacrament meeting, Pres. Falcon allowed Marcelo, the crazy guy, to come up to the pulpit and ask forgiveness. Well he got up there and said some of the worst things you could say in Sacrament meeting. It was terrible and all the members were like what the? So I feel that God didnt allow any of the investigators in the church, because if they had heard what he said they wouldnt come back. The Lord has his own ways. Well Pres. Falcon felt really bad for letting him up there during the sacrament meeting, we all know that Marcelo is still crazy. Well that is what happend this week. We are doing really good and searching for new people and trying to protect the innocent...hahah. Love you dad.